Thursday, August 27, 2015

My Favorite Map of Belize

Hi, just a little about me:
My name is Colin Bradley, I am 22 years old and I am currently enrolled in the Bachelor program for Natural Resource Management here at the University of Belize. I also currently have an associates degree in Environmental Science from St. John's College Junior College and an associates in Natural Resource Management from The University of Belize I am a very friendly, down to earth person that is straight forward or real (will say it as it is). I enjoy every thing about the outdoors and adventure both terrestrial and marine but I favor the marine environment. One of my passions and most favorite hobby is fishing and also swimming/diving. I also enjoy playing basketball, volleyball, video games and hanging out with friends. The reason I favor the marine environment and enjoy fishing, swimming, diving etc. so much is because I basically grew up on an island; I spent the first four years of my life on an island down south called Tobacco Caye before moving to Belize City to start pre-school. After that I would go out to the Island every holiday from school especially Easter, summer and Christmas for the entire holiday; and still do so up to this day except not for as long now due to more obligations with school and other things. I decided to take Environmental Science at SJCJC and Natural Resource Management (NRM) here at UB because I want to be able to play a huge role in protecting, conserving and saving what I love so much.
MAP SHOWING ALL THE DIVE SITES LOCATED IN BELIZE.
Above is a Dive Map of Belize. Belize is a very beautiful place packed with so much biodiversity and one thing that many people come to do in Belize is scuba dive at some of these sites to witness the beauty of Belize's marine life. This map shows the many islands that we have and the many scuba diving sites that Belize has to offer both protected and unprotected. It is good though that majority of these sites are protected as parks or reserves to help preserve the marine life and keep their beauty alive and well. It is one of my favorite maps of Belize because I grew up around water and marine life but in one general area and have not really explored anywhere else in Belize. Hence, it would be a goal for me to be able to visit all of these sites and scuba dive there and view all the magnificent marine animals, plants and other aquatic life someday. It is a shame to say that the tourist that come to Belize know and have seen more of our country than many Belizeans. This map simple reminds me of what our sea and coast has to offer and how important it is to protect what we have and it also helps me realize one of my personal goals in life that I would like to achieve.

Source: Belize Maps, Dive/Fish ID Cards. (n.d.). Retrieved August 27, 2015, from http://ambergriscaye.com/fieldguide/franko-Belize_Fish_ID_Cards.html

No comments:

Post a Comment